doesn't Will Smith have a song about friendship? Cannot remember it for the life of me. And I am way too tired and irritated to look it up....
What is a friend? I so wonder. I don't think I've had one that hasn't wanted something from me or maybe that's my paranoid/insecure self talking. I don't think I make a good friend at all. I don't know the correct volacular, etiquette, social gestures, etc. Frankly I suck at friendship. Why is that? I can easily blame my parents - poor mom and dad - such an easy out, right? but in this case I think its true. My parents were SO obssessed ( are there really so many is's in that word - think I got that wrong;)) with keeping up with the Jones'. We were on the road every weekend - ballet lessons, violin lessons, shopping, museums, etc. When I was home - I decided that climbing the highest tree was the best thing to do and I would stay there for a LONG time. I look back and think - WOW - I was a very odd bird. NO wonder no one wanted to hang with me.
Ok - enough said... brings me to today. I have developed a bunch of relationships with moms' over the last 5 years due to the bonding of kids. i LOVE these ladies so much. They have helped me through the the craziest of times and the best of times. We have shared so many fun moments with our kids. I call them my friends and I cherish them. I cherish them because they are truly the best friends I have had in years. I wish I could treat them better - as my inadequate personality would assume - I always feel like I could be a better friend/ a better companion/ a better confidante....Maybe that has to do with something else in me...
Oiy!
Looking forward to my day tomorrow with lots of fun moms and wonderful kids! Hope the weather cooperates and isn't too cloudy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment