Friday, November 11, 2011

Races, Races, Races

Good evening!

I have officially caught the Rock-n-Roll bug!  So far I have registered for the New Orleans FULL (yes - you read that correctly- I AM INSANE!) and the DC 1/2.  And I just found out they are offering $20 off any race if you sign up before 11 pm tonight.  I just can't pass this deal up!  But what race???  I am considering Savannah but after all the negative reviews - I think it would be best to pass till they get their act together.  Considering Phillie.... or maybe I should go all out and do San Diego (expensive! hotel and air) HMMMM...  I don't want to make a rash decision so I'll have to get cooking on some research (travel costs) before making a final choice.

Running is going much better the last week or so.  I've upped my carbs and I think made the difference.  I've been low carb for SO long (~2 yrs) it totally took a toll on me.  I feel ten times better - no fatigue, feel ready to run long, just so much more energy!  Amazing how a piece of bread or two a day can make all the difference.  And I'm feeling OK with it - I thought I might freak out a bit but with significant change in my energy levels there's no denying the deficiency.

Work is good.  Went from two to three days.  I'm having a hard time adjusting to that additional day.  May have to go back to two....  I don't seem to get caught up.  I'm not able to get everything done in those two days.  I use one for my long runs/hard core exercise and the other for errands.  Still not enough time.  I am in awe of all the working moms who pull it together!  They are my heroes! 

Been thinking of the blog a lot.  Have a ton of ideas for posts...  just need to fit it in with everything else!  HA!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the only person who missed that RNR discount! I'm excited you are doing a marathon! And very glad you aren't doing low carb anymore. It makes a huge impact on running fatigue.

    ReplyDelete